Wednesday, February 7, 2007

The Bazaar Wiki



















I have created a wiki on PbWiki host. This wiki will contain all documentation about our project. The project will be developed using eclipse 3.2.1 and MySQL as database server.
The first document I added is how to configure the developer environment in our project.
The document is a draft and I have to complete it with the configuration of JDBC driver.

The project derives from a well know open source project called JSPCart. It is an e-commerce product available on sourceforge. I considered it as good start point for our project. Using it we can have a basic e-commerce project. Unfortunately, the code is not bug free and several thing are not managed in the right way. For example, the way the JDBC resources are managed is totally wrong.

At the moment I reworked only the account management use cases (registration, login, forgot password, delete user, change password and update profile). First of all I used Struts to implements the flow controller in the presentation layer. Second I implemented the persistence layer using DAO pattern similar to the product Firestorm (I do not use it for reasons I will explain later). On top of DAO persistence layer I created a Business layer that talk directly with Struts actions.

In future posts I will give you more details on this items.
See you!!!

No comments: