Tuesday, February 6, 2007

The Idea



















In this post I would like to explain what is my idea. This idea is just the start point for future discussion.

I would like to create an Internet application with following features:

1. like ebay it allows user to register and sell objects, so at a first stage it is a classical ecommerce application;
2. this application should support a plugin infrastructure that allow to manage things totally different, for example:

a. a plugin for hotel could be implemented. An hotel director could register into the system
and allow users to book room
b. a plugin for computer selling could be implemented. A computer could sell different
computer piece through the system and a wizard allow buyers to build a configuration by
theirself.
c. a plugin for house selling could be implemented. An agency could register into the system
and publish advices about houses. Buyers could search houses specifying the country, city
and other filters.
d. a plugin for advices publishing could be implemented.

I could continue with other millions of examples but I prefer to stop here. At the very beginning we can implement a very simple system and add other features on going.

The system will be implemented using an iterative approach. Basically we start to implement a feature and we immediatily deploy it. The programming language will be Java/J2EE.

The temporarly name of the project is Bazaar.

Comments are welcome!!!

No comments: